The rain finally stopped yesterday and today the weather was absolutely perfect - a minor chill if you were out of the sun but nothing a light jacket couldn't deal with. The blossoms have finally started to fully open and the crowds descended to take advantage. Unfortunately the mass of visitors meant 30 minute lines to enter the park, and 30 minute lines to use public bathrooms, but the park is massive so there was no shortage of empty spots on the grass to set up your picnic blanket.
Things to know if you're a first time visitor to the park:
- No alcoholic beverages allowed
- Bathrooms are few and far apart
- Garbage bins are few and far apart
- The park closes EARLY (around 4pm)
- No balls or other toys that could inconvenience others